Sunday, September 21, 2014

Simple Sunday #16 - Wrapping twine

This week I am sharing a new Simple Sunday project and this time I did my card using some hemp twine and some wood veneers. Really clean and easy with a "natural" feel to it.

I am using a standard European A6 cardbase as usual and I used kraft cardstock this time. I also cut a piece of white cardstock about 1/4" smaller on each side to get a frame around it. I used four colors of natural hemp twine ranging from light cream to dark brown and I wrapped these around my card to get a gradient effect. For my sentiment I used a die from Spellbinders and cut that out from a piece of cardstock that I embossed with a golden glitter embossing powder. Finally I added some woon veneer hearts from some extra interest.

And that was all I did this time and I hop you like it. If you want to know more about my process just take a look at the video down below and feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions.


I also filmed a tutorial for this card that you can find on my YouTube channel or here below.
YouTube Video:

-----------------
Products used:


----------------
I also added this card to the following challenges:
CAS(E) this Sketch 
Keep it simple! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cool effect! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the wrapped twine and little wooden hearts, gorgeous card Erika! Thank you for playing along with Keep It Simple, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete