Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thinking Of You

Idag är det dags för ett nytt inlägg för The Paper Nest Dolls. Jag har är en del av design teamet hos dem och får i uppdrag att göra några kort varje vecka med deras digitala stämplar.

Denna gång har jag använt en stämpel som heter Bedime Avery och jag kommer att visa hur jag gjorde detta kort med en bild-tutorial. Den går att se nedan, men finns tyvärr bara på engelska.




















------------------------------

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhLlGSM4CQxDtvjyCYvyaa3q44pvJe2qYv0ZeYEn-aGp4O310KWGUsJrTpV77cgR4KasenSA-0Q2gs7-C9QhV1c8B3br4BZeiSs0r4S-VYs9NeFk2dZ-aF4TyA9qwAyViqoVQexNBi2F7qy/s1600/paperdollsdesigner23.png

Today it is time for another post for The Paper Nest Dolls and I wanted to show you a card I made with the adorable Avery in her pajamas. I decided to make this post in to a tutorial of how I did the card, so I hope you'll enjoy it.

Here is the card I will show you how to make.

So, lets start the tutorial. 

I printed the image of Avery onto Letraset Heavy Weight Cardstock and started picking out some colors of Copic. Since I don't remember what colors I used I won't try to make a list with the numbers. You can use whatever colors you have to color the image. 
Here you can see how I have started coloring the image with some pink markers. I used three to four different shades for all of my coloring. I think you get the best blending that way. 




When I color I usually start with the darkest color and then work my way from darkest to lightest. I color in small sections and mostly I go over the area about two or three times. If I don't like the way it blends and I can still see where the colors overlap I will go over the area again. 





When I was finished coloring the image it did my best to cut it out. I have to admit that I am not the best "fuzzy cutter", but I do what I can. In the smallest areas where I can reach with my scissors I use an X-Acto knife. 

When I have finally managed to cut out my image I use a brush tip maker, in this case a Copic Multiliner, and I go around the cut edges and color them black. I also make sure to cover up any imperfections and correct any mistakes I have made while cutting. Sometimes I cut away too much and the black line around the image disappears or I might not cut enough and I get a white line. In either case the black maker come in handy when covering up those mistakes. 

It also makes the image look more finished.

I then made a standard size card base from some white Bazzill cardstock and folded it.

I wanted some cute paper to go with my image and I went through my drawers and found some great papers from the Lawn Fawn "Daphne's Closet" collection. 

I cut the papers in to two strips that were 1" and 2" wide. 



I also went around the cut pieces with a Distress Marker in the color Bundled Sage. The papers were a bit blue in color and the pen is green, but it was the best match I could find and they went pretty well together. 

I then cut a piece of white cardstock and stamped my sentiment from a very old Heidi Grace stamp set I had. I made the sentiment strip 2" wide and used the Distress Marker around the edges of that piece too.


I also found some cute matching washi tape that I cut in to a banner. 

I adhered all of the pieced to my card base and made sure that the washi tape strip was in the right place and wouldn't show behind the image.







Finally I adhered the colored image and added some pink Stickles to her clothing and the bow on the teddy bear.

I also used a little bit of Glossy Accent to her eyes to make them look more real.

For a final finish I rounded the corners with my 1/2" Corner Chomper from We R Memory Keepers.





And that was my card for today. I hope you guys enjoyed it and I'll be back later this month with another card. Hopefully you'll be able to see my card being made live on YouTube soon, but I still haven't worked up the courage to record a video ;)

Here you can see the finsihed card again.

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely card and fabulous coloring of this adorable image.

    ReplyDelete